Wednesday, February 3, 2021

2/3/21

A bunch of us were attending a jazz concert. Between sets, we went to Greektown to get something to eat. We were sitting around a big table and I talked about the first band, which was local, and was made up of a loose group of musicians. I told the Hawk that it featured a rare appearance by a musician who played the human head (a skull?). Kenny Garrett also played in one of the bands. Patty Brown had a half tray of baklava someone made for Emily that was made without butter, so she could eat it. Some kid kept bugging her for a piece and she was going to give him one. Then I told her if she gave him one, then I wanted one too, and eventually, there wouldn't be any for Emily. She agreed and put the piece back. The Hawk left to get Eleanor who was shopping. I walked back to the venue with Bill Swessinger who was smoking a cigarette. I was telling him a story about how much better homemade baklava was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...