Saturday, April 20, 2019

4/20/19


1. I was at my childhood friend Tom's house late in the evening. My wife handed me a beer which I took a couple sips from and set it down. A few minutes later I noticed she had finished it. I was getting sleepy and wanted to leave and pretended to fall asleep when my wife opened another beer.

2. I was with my friend Tom and his wife and we had just finished shopping at our local farmer's market. It was after closing time and the place was pretty deserted. Our car was parked at the end of a long alley. As we walked down the alleyway, we were mugged a couple times. We finally decided to go down a major street to get to the car. Just as we hopped into the car, a black Jeep, a mugger tried to open the door, which I had just locked. Our drive home included driving through a covered art space and we passed by a small men's choir rehearsing. We also saw an art studio. The streets were pretty desolate. I commented that this part of Detroit is going to take a long time to come back.

3. I had recently been hired by the FBI and was working in an office located in a public library. Our office was out in the open. A friend, Robert G., who actually was in the FBI stopped by to visit us. He went around to our small group and introduced himself. I kept telling the group how it was amazing that we weren't allowed to have any ID cards with the name FBI on it. "It's not like we're a secret undercover organization," I kept saying. At one point, an old art director , Sam M. stopped by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...