Thursday, April 18, 2019

4/18/19


1. I returned to my former high school and we were supposed to report to our old homerooms. I found Mr. Button's classroom, but he was away teaching at a southern university. I sat in the back on a ledge and was given an attendance sheet. Names were already filled in and I was told to write in another name and pass it on. Apparently we were there to attend free adult education classes.

2. At the last minute, the priest at our church hired me to photograph a wedding that had already started. The bridal party had just met in the school cafeteria. I didn't have a camera or film and called my wife to bring them to me. She pulled up after the wedding party had headed to the church. I was only vaguely familiar with the camera and it already had film it it. As we drove to the church, I opened up the back of the camera and pulled out the film, knowing that the exposed film would be ruined. I ran into an old friend,"Doggo", who now worked for the church and was counseling a couple pf young women. I was in a total panic trying to load the film and get into the church to film the ceremony. I woke up with a start.

3. I was standing near some railroad tracks and asked someone if the tracks went downtown. I noticed a tall ship in the harbor and a train arrived that was about to embark on an exotic voyage. I asked a young kid if he'd take a picture of the scene and email it to me. After he took the photograph, I gave my email address to his mom, who was either Indian or Pakistani and didn't speak any English. I gestured to her that I'd look after her son.

4. My friend Jeff called me in the evening and told me I owed him a favor. He asked me if I'd pick him up from his house and drive him downtown to get a drink of water. I lived below Jefferson and it was quite a bit out of my way. I asked him if we'd be even after this and he said yes.

5. We owned some property at the end of our bloc and the neighbors were helping work on the site. As I headed down the block, a couple were hauling a huge piece of metal and I asked the person I was with if they were getting paid. He said they were doing it for free and just being helpful. The guy was quite tall and the girl seemed to be about eight or nine years old and pretty short. When I got to the site, I was amazed at how much work had already been done and was surprised to see a huge mound of dirt that had to be dealt with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...