Sunday, March 3, 2019

3/3/19


1. An odd disease was affecting a number of our houseplants. Tiny holes, that looked like they were made by a paper punch, were appearing on the base leaves. They were especially noticeable on our jade plants (which we don't have). I discovered that a bumblebee type insect was causing the damage. When I found one of the bees flying around, I smacked it with a rolled up magazine. It didn't kill it, but  the bug's wings fell off and I picked it up and tossed it outside.



2. As I walked into a store (Kroger's?), I noticed a drum set on display, It had a sign that said it was for sale for $299 and that it was used for the recent MC50 tour (A tribute band featuring former members of the legendary Detroit rock group, the MC5). I asked a rocker who was with the drums about it and he mentioned that he was the drummer on the tour. He let me play the drums, which featured one cymbal and drums that were made largely of styrofoam. I was pretty dubious about just how long the kit would last before crumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...