Tuesday, May 18, 2021

5/18/21

I'm in a bar and I need to get some Dewar's Scotch for my dad's birthday. I call Marge who's working at another bar. When she answers I say "Mrs. Schmengie?". She doesn't respond so I just say, "Hi Marge". They have a special going on where you get a pint, fifth, quart, and half gallon for $40. Then I ask her if she'd like to go out for a drink and catch up. She says no. I ask her about getting a cup of coffee and she doesn't respond. I tell her I'm not trying to hit on her, I'm married and all and she doesn't say anything, so I tell her to just forget it. 

I'm on a bus leaving Tiger Stadium. I'm trying to get home, which is at 16 Mile Rd. and (Gratiot?). I push my way up to the bus driver and ask him if I'm on the right bus. He tells me the bus is going to 16 & Van Dyke and then to Lakeside Mall. If I catch the last bus It'll go closer to home. I figure I'll just get off at Van Dyke and either walk the rest of the way or have someone pick me up. I call my dad and ask him if he'll give me a ride but he says he's not going out again that evening. At one point the driver opens up his window and says hi to a restaurant owner who's in the window of his restaurant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...