Monday, November 30, 2020

11/28/20

I'm in London, tagging along with Diana who is there for a business meeting. So goes to  Clariges for her meeting and I wander around the West End. I run into John Cleese in a pub and have a pint with him. When we shake hands it's awkward because one of us is doing the power handshake. We decide to just do the old traditional shake. And then we give each other a hug. I look at my watch and it's 6:45 and I'm supposed to meet up with joe. Later we run into Cleese again and with he or his son has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. I want to tell him that I know a couple of neurologists back in Detroit he can call. 

I join a walking tour of Grosse Pointe City. We meet outside a new city hall below Jefferson. There are a bunch of old wooden houses there on the lake. On of them is the home of an artist and looks quite funky. 

I get a pizza, and the restaurant isn't used to cooking for a ton of people. When I open up the box I complain that the onions are raw, the cheese isn't totally melted, and the dough is undercooked. I figure it'll be okay when I reheat it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

10/11/24

I'm on a date with a heavy-set young black woman. We go to a movie downtown. It's very moving and I'm going to review it Then we...