Friday, May 31, 2019

5/31/10


1. I was at a cd, cassette, and VHS movie swap. Someone was interested in some music I had and there were hundreds of cassettes in a pile. I pulled out a couple from the bottom and the pile tumbled down. I intended to lend the person the tapes to copy and not keep. In the meantime, people kept giving me tons of movies and tapes and they were piling up in a couple boxes. I suggested we make a rule for the future and only bring 10 tapes/movies each, so the sheer numbers wouldn't be overwhelming.

2. We were on a winding river and a couple tigers kept bothering us. At first we were intimidated by them but eventually, emboldened, we got aggressive and started hitting them to chase them away. They could stand up like humans and could understand English. I feared they would return and bother us again.

3. It was late evening on a cold wintery night. We were in my parent's old family room, which was all floor-to-ceiling windows, although it was in our present day house. Our asshole neighbor had set up a sprinkler aimed at our house and I noticed the ceiling was leaking. I figured they wanted the water to freeze and damage our house and I was considering calling the police.

4. To accommodate some event, we put down miles of my mother-in-law's old sheets and blankets in a hallway. After the event we were busy picking up all this material. At one point my younger daughter was helping me, only in the dream, she was only 8 or 10 years old. On the way to the office, I noticed a famous young golfer who my dad was a huge fan of. I asked him if he'd autograph his book for my dad. I looked at the book which my dad's staff had signed as a joke. It was filled with photos and every page had inscriptions on it. The golfer was being a jerk to my dad, which I didn't understand. Then the setting morphed into a wintery outdoor scene where my brother Paul and I were wading through a river on our way back to the office. We were knee deep in freezing water, and Paul would go up on the bank occasionally to get out of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...