Thursday, March 7, 2019

3/7/19


My wife and I met up with a couple of old friends for dinner. It was a casual place, perhaps a Mexican restaurant or a Coney Island. I decided to sit at a table with the woman, who I'll call "V", and my wife sat with her husband. I've know this woman since my late teens and I saw her occasionally over the years. We had this amazing conversation and came to the realization that we were true kindred spirits. In real life, we always got a kick out of the fact that our handwriting was almost identical--something we discovered when we worked in retail together. At one point we were trying to remember a favorite soup we both liked. (It was Chicken Tortilla Soup). V told me she had to tell me something important, but she had to use the rest room first. Before she came back, I woke up. (of course). If only...

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...