Tuesday, March 26, 2019

3/26/19


1. We had invested in "The Woodstock Dream" which was going to be a condo complex owned by a bunch of old hippies. The complex hadn't been built yet and someone described the general look of it on a school cafeteria table. We decided to sell our shares and back out of our investment.

2. A bunch of us were at my Uncle Mel's farm and we were looking at a collection of classical cds and were discussing classical music. I pointed out a box set of Beethoven's nine symphonies that I bought for $8. My brother mentioned that it was an excellent deal and I told him he could buy it for $6 or less at a used record store.

3. A bunch of us were driving up north in a big green station wagon. We stopped in Flint, Michigan and I got out of the car for some reason. When I got back in, the interior was dripping wet. No one had a good explanation for this and I figured it would eventually dry out. Our friend Frank had picked up a slutty looking young hitchhiker who was sitting in the back seat. As we drove through a rough part of town, I noticed a lot of the signs were in English and Arabic.

4. The back part of our garden received little direct sunlight, and I tried for years to plant shady flowers there, unsuccessfully. So I hired a  bunch of people to dig it all up, save a few of the healthier plants, and then fill it all in. We ended up with a huge hole--30' x 40' or so, which had some brick structures that were falling apart. We eventually filled it all in. Then I discovered a color photo from a newspaper attached to a piece of slate and buried years ago. It looked beautiful and I saved it to be framed and hung up on a wall later. Somehow, the area we filled in was part of our family room and had a beautiful wood floor. As we walked around it, it began to settle and sink a few inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...