Sunday, March 10, 2019

3/10/19

A night of serious dreaming. There are only the ones I remember:

1. My wife and I were touring Southeastern England. We visited a number of cities and tourist offices along the way. At one point our friend Wally joined us for a visit of Tintagel--supposedly King Arthur's castle.  I decided not to pay the entrance fee as I had seen the castle years ago. They ended up winning a national photo contest with a picture of them standing next to some ancient monument dressed in ancient Celtic or Roman costumes.

2. This one involved a bunch of us playing indoor soccer. Instead of a soccer ball, we were using a balloon. There was a main court and a door on either end. You had to open the door to shoot at the goal, which was a couple piles of shirts, to score. Our team was up two nil(as they like to say), when I woke up.

3. We visited two garden centers which were adjacent to each other on Mack Ave.-- the main street in our city. They were having Fall sales and were loading up tomato plants to ship off somewhere. One of the stores had a sale sign, and a smaller sight that read: "Our sign is bigger than theirs!" I asked one of the salespeople if I could take a few tomato plants home, and if I given enough artificial light they would grow any tomatoes.

4. I was riding my bike around the neighborhood and wondering if I should buy some beer for my wife to take to her book club that night.

5. This involved a round table discussing various topics about improving the city of Detroit. Chris Ilitch was at our table while we discussed the Tigers miserable season. He thanked the group, got up and left. We commented that he didn't even want to hear anything about how to improve the team and the leader of the session (who happened to look a lot like Mike Ilitch and had two different colored eyes) said, "What a dick!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...