Wednesday, October 7, 2020

10/5/20

We're out of town for a meeting. Maybe in Grand Rapids. We're with Jim & Margo and Bill & Sue. We went out to a fancy dinner the night before and the company paid for it. The next day Jim makes it clear that the company isn't going to pay for lunch. So we're wandering around looking at a bunch restaurants and bakeries. I was going to load up on sweets at the bakery. Sue shows ey a big loaf of bread she bought. In the side of the loaf letters are scratched into it. She asks me what they spell (it's in Cyrillic) and I tell her it's the word Kaimaki, which is Ukrainian for bread. It's actually a Turkish or Greek word for the foam on top of Turkish coffee.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...