Friday, July 12, 2019

7/12/19


I'm in rehab at Bon Secours hospital. My wife and Lauren T. are in the same room with me. A comedian (Robin Williams?) is making the rounds and doing standup in some of the rooms. He stops by our room and begins his bit by telling us about visiting Viet Nam. I interrupt him and he stops for a minute. Then he continues his monologue. Diana and Lauren are having a conversation about hiding joints in a small pouch and finally the comedian says, "Thank you, you've been a great audience!" He leaves. Then I'm on the phone trying to find out when I'm going to be released. I try to tell the nurse I wasn't that bad when I first came in but she tells me I could barely walk and needed to use a wheelchair. At this point, I walk over to another bed and take off the shawl I'm wearing. I scrape it on a metal part of the side of the bed and parmesan shavings keep coming off. They make a pile on the floor and I try to hide it in an empty box. But I accidentally put some of the shavings into a box of needles. I cover it with the empty box. Then I put the shawl on and notice how much lighter it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...