Thursday, June 27, 2019

6/26/19


1. I knew a couple women who worked at REI and they wanted me to be interviewed by their bosses so they could get raises.

2. Someone was throwing a huge "Nabokov and Desserts" party in a school cafeteria. The theme was you could pick a Nabokov novel from a pile of books and also take a dessert. There were all kinds of desserts which were brought out every 10 minutes or so. An old friend Thad was scamming the party and stockpiling/hoarding desserts. There was a table with big bags of chocolates. I made a comment that I'd read all of the books and was just going to concentrate on the desserts. At one point Thad approached the table and said, "So where are all the whale oil candies?" Janet and Andrea were sitting at a table and I made sure they got samples of the treats. I noticed some small teacakes on disposable tin trays and I though that it was quite a waste of metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...