Tuesday, December 10, 2019

12/10/19


My old boss was going to take a few of us out to lunch. First we went to one of his favorite delis, but they were out of the Greek bread that he liked a lot. So we headed to another restaurant. We stopped in an industrial part of town where there were a bunch of huge old factories. They had started to dismantle them and I commented on how I needed to photograph them while they were still around. At one point we had to crawl through a hole in a fence. A couple of the bigger guys climbed over it. We ended up at a bar in Hamtramck. At this point there were a bunch of us and we had to eat in shifts. The first bunch went in while I waited outside with the rest. Rod and Gary Nester came out and Gary commented "It can't get better than that." I started in a sort of monologue: "So if you went to the Pontch Wine Cellars and had a fabulous meal, That wouldn't be better? Or if you took a flight to Singapore and they had a champagne tasting, THAT wouldn't be better? So what you really mean is that it CAN get better than that!" As we walked away, I ran into Mary Grahms and I asked her if she was working. She told me she was working for the University of Toronto, and mostly worked from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/13/24

I'm in the basement and there's a big rubber cone that's supposed to suck out the water. It has two parts and I play around with...